Archives

Ajna Spirituality

Free Tests & Oracles

Ajna Spirituality

Information & Resources

Currently online: 4 visitors
1 Ajna members and 3 guests

mirror neurons

Modern edge science and its contributions hand in hand with ancient spiritual techniques & teachings.

Moderator: alija

mirror neurons

Postby Sky » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:11 pm

Sky
Ajna Seeker
Ajna Seeker

Re: mirror neurons

Postby JoyfulLylac » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:01 pm

Sky wrote:http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/ramachandran06/ramachandran06_index.html

Ouch... :shock:
JoyfulLylac
Ajna Seeker
Ajna Seeker

Re: mirror neurons mirror self2

Postby electricthot » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:48 am

mirror neurons can reflect inner states, also, if denial hasn't driven us from self-seeking; "One who knows everything else but who does not know himself knows nothing." Jesus
electricthot
Ajna Traveler
Ajna Traveler

Postby JoyfulLylac » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:56 pm

reflect as in manifest in physical form or awareness?
Do What Brings You Joy, Share that Joy With Others
JoyfulLylac
Ajna Seeker
Ajna Seeker

Postby alija » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:21 pm

I didn't see this post before.
This is again a sample of humans trying to understand and explain everything through the physical universe and deterministic approach.
Accepting the idea and knowing we live in a mental universe there is no need for the mirror neurones. Everything is in our software and in our mind and only degree of separation and brainwashing is decisive for degree of empathy and all similar stuff.

Namasthe
a
I'm grateful for having you in my life, and I appreciate you for who you are.
alija
Ajna Wordsmith
Ajna Wordsmith

Postby Allymcneil » Wed May 30, 2012 10:39 pm

JoyfulLylac wrote:
Sky wrote:http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/ramachandran06/ramachandran06_index.html

Ouch... :shock:

thats what im saying :l
Ally
Allymcneil
Ajna Wanderer
Ajna Wanderer

Postby Leo Volont » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:52 am

All that to explain Empathy, when we already knew Empathy existed. What? Science wasn't sure. Sometimes Science is SO stupid! Next, Science will doubt whether anything Funny exists when all the World is laughing at it.

Empathy as a Real thing. it reminds me that in the old Valdville Days, of nickle theathres and live show matinees instead of Movies, that the Owners would plant people in the audiance -- high spirited people who would laugh at anything and cry at anything, as they would help to carry the rest of the audiance along with them.

Indeed, it still happens. I started to go out on Saturday evenings to support a local band that plays in this one local Pub. A young friend of mine is the drummer. anyway, I am very enthusiastic in my reception of it all, and laugh, clap, talk to the band between numbers, and sing the choruses, etc, etc. Now the Management of the place is 'compting' my beers, and when I leave, they shout out "See you next Saturday".

Enthusiasm is Contagious.

Probably Depression is contagious too. have you ever noticed a Sports Team that suddenly becomes Totally demoralized. it honestly couldn't be everybody, but some very strong central character becomes depressed and nobody else has the positive energy sufficient to counteract the negativity.
Leo Volont
Ajna Contributor
Ajna Contributor

Postby TigerTurbann » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:33 pm

RSA Animate - The Empathic Civilisation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7AWnfFRc7g

Bestselling author, political adviser and social and ethical prophet Jeremy Rifkin investigates the evolution of empathy and the profound ways that it has shaped our development and our society.
TigerTurbann
Ajna Traveler
Ajna Traveler

Postby Mirjana » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 am

This is beautiful and full of great and inspiring thoughts. I know it from before, but I enjoyed it very much again.
Empathy as invisible hand that can stretch
Empathy is the opposite of Utopia
Beautiful question about that how the consciousness changes through history explained in the original and way.
Is it possible to extend empathy as we extend family? It is. Those who have kids know that they love each and every one the same. Did we forget that our primary origin is the same.
Great moment to post this Tiger.
Love Life; Accept what comes; Try to understand what I don't like; Enjoy what I like; Keep trying to stay open-minded
www.numerologyarts.com
www.mirjanamut.com/
Mirjana
Ajna Wordsmith
Ajna Wordsmith

Postby alija » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Leo Volont wrote:All that to explain Empathy, when we already knew Empathy existed. What? Science wasn't sure. Sometimes Science is SO stupid! Next, Science will doubt whether anything Funny exists when all the World is laughing at it.

Empathy as a Real thing. it reminds me that in the old Valdville Days, of nickle theathres and live show matinees instead of Movies, that the Owners would plant people in the audiance -- high spirited people who would laugh at anything and cry at anything, as they would help to carry the rest of the audiance along with them.

Indeed, it still happens. I started to go out on Saturday evenings to support a local band that plays in this one local Pub. A young friend of mine is the drummer. anyway, I am very enthusiastic in my reception of it all, and laugh, clap, talk to the band between numbers, and sing the choruses, etc, etc. Now the Management of the place is 'compting' my beers, and when I leave, they shout out "See you next Saturday".

Enthusiasm is Contagious.

Probably Depression is contagious too. have you ever noticed a Sports Team that suddenly becomes Totally demoralized. it honestly couldn't be everybody, but some very strong central character becomes depressed and nobody else has the positive energy sufficient to counteract the negativity.

I agree with you Leo,

Beside of your observation I would add my entire disagreement with the science about “empathic neurons”.
This is again one of scientific efforts to search in matter something what is to be found in the software. Yes, in the software behind the creatures called humans.
Atheistic science is in big shit and will be as long as they are looking for the answers in the matter. The saddest case is the school medicine who due to such approach to the matter, to the human body, knows zero “0” about our body. They and pharmaceutical corporations will be, most probably, the reason for the next “Sodom and Gomorrah” on the Earth.
They, scientists, never set together and agreed about the matter. Almost century ago physicists agree ”the matter” is very tricky, very confusing and at the end of the day they agreed there is some 0,001 % of a solid stuff in the stuff we call matter in spite of knowing the matter is pure energy. A century ago they knew much less than today about biology, psychology, but they are so arrogant and blind that they use their intellect for imagination of a new and new particles, with again the same stupid hypotheses “we must know all, yes we will soon know everything” and thousands and thousands of different scientific discoveries are pointing out into the same direction; Universe is mental creation of some High Intelligence.

Poor little “emphatic neurons” have nothing to do with the ideas of these limited people.
First they said “cogito ergo sum” and suddenly there is only 0,001 of this “sum”. As far as I see the Earth is still missing one real authority, scientific as well as spiritual that is going to declare the truth. Maybe the Truth is too far from humans, but today’s atheistic point of view to the life, in any case, is sad if not ridiculous.

What and why I wrote this? Bullshit!

Namasthe and Love
a!
I'm grateful for having you in my life, and I appreciate you for who you are.
alija
Ajna Wordsmith
Ajna Wordsmith

Return to Science